The 7th annual KO PROPO America Grand Prix will be making its return to West Coast R/C Raceway (WCRC) in La Mirada, CA and will host this year’s event on October 2nnd-3rd. WCRC is located at 15095 Canary Avenue, La Mirada, CA 90638 close to Disneyland (15 minutes), Knott’s Berry Farm (10 minutes) and other popular southern California attractions.
Classes offered will be Touring Open (Modified), Touring 17.5T Expert (advanced timing ESC allowed), Touring 17.5T Sportsman (NO advanced timing ESC allowed), Touring 21.5T Sportsman (NO advanced timing ESC allowed) and 2wd Mini (Silver Can). This will be a controlled tire race (for Touring classes only) and tires will be available for sale at the event. 2wd Mini will be a hand out motor.
Thank you to the sponsors of this event; KO PROPO Japan, West Coast R/C Raceway, Team Icon Racing, Kyosho America, Peak Racing, HPI/Hot Bodies, AKA, Fantom, Tamiya USA, Team AE, Reedy Powered, R/C Car Magazine, Top Racing, Solaris, Thunder Power, Hudy and Xray. Sponsors’ contributions will allow for another great raffle prize give-away, where everyone goes home with something from this event.
KO PROPO America looks forward to seeing everyone at this great race!
Flyer and entry form can be downloaded below.
Saturday, October 2nd, 2010
– Doors open @ 10:00AM
– Controlled practice until 11:40AM
– Driver’s Meeting @ 11:45AM
– 3 rounds of qualifying begin @ Noon.
Sunday, October 3rd, 2010
– Doors open @ 10:00AM
– Controlled practice
– All mains (Triple A-Mains)
– $50.00 for the first class
– Each additional class $25.00
– Entries can be submitted/paid to WCRC in person or over the phone.
– All entries received by September 17th will receive one free event t-shirt
– No refunds will be given two (2) weeks prior to the event date.
– Each person entered into the event will receive only one (1) raffle ticket.
Touring Car (Modified, 17.5T)
– Based on current ROAR regulations.
– All touring classes, minimum weight is 1425 grams.
– Controlled tire will be announced.
– Controlled tire must be purchased from West Coast R/C Raceway on the day of the event.
– Any 1/10th scale 2wd Mini classed car will be allowed and aftermarket chassis will be allowed.
– Silver can (27T locked endbell) motors will be the spec motor (these will be handed out and must be returned Saturday night).
– No touring car wheels will be allowed, Mini tires and rims only.
– Final drive ratio (FDR) will be 5.8. Tamiya Mini (gear tranny) no more then 20 tooth pinion allowed. HPI Switch with stock gearing (spur 62) you can use up to a 27 tooth pinion for a FDR of 5.8.
Tires (Controlled Tires only):
– All controlled race tires must be purchased from West Coast R/C Raceway and labeled for the event.
– Racers may purchase up to two (2) sets for qualifying and mains.
– A main finalists may purchase up to an additional two (2) sets
– All spec motors must be labeled for the event.
– All spec motors must pass technical inspection.
*Rules and regulations subject to change*